I have a confession to make.... for the past few months I allowed my daughter to do the unthinkable. Becuase of my incompetence and carlessness with sharp objects, my poor little girl has had to face the world with (gulp)...a mullet. Now, I did my best to disguise it with pigtails and bows, but the fact remained that she had a mullet, and I was the one who cut her hair and gave it to her. This week, however, I decided that enough was enough and I needed to seek professional help for my daughter so that her emotional scars would be minimal. Off to the kiddie salon we went.
Thanks to the fact that my parents were in town and could watch my Jacob, I felt prepared to focus on Abby and deal with whatever reaction she might have to a scissor-wielding stranger. Knowing that my child isn't exactly easy-going (that's an understatement), I prepared for the worst.Well, I was pleasantly surprised! Thanks to a cool car to sit in during the haircut and Elmo on TV, the screaming I expected was almost nonexsistent. Besides a little fussing towards the end, my child was an angel! The stylist was able to even out her hair, trim her bangs, and even give her a few layers to bring out her natural curl. She couldn't completely get rid of the mullet, but it was a huge improvement. Before I left, I had to promise that I would not do such harm to my child again.
I am very glad that we got through our first haircut. Now that I know she can handle it, I'm looking forward to trying pedicures, manicures, and all that other girlie stuff. I need a partner in crime. Matt is not too thrilled with the idea. He'd rather she spend her time getting all dirty playing football and beating up the boys instead getting all girlie. I say, there's nothing wrong with looking pretty while doing all that, right?
Isn't she cute?!?!



4 comments:
What a good mom you are! I can't face N getting a haircut, so it just keeps getting longer and longer! Phil has already starting talking about A's first haircut and I say he'll be fine until he's at least 2!
No way! first haircut?!! Oh, i can't wait to see in person! Abby always looks adorable and i think all girls go through a bit of a mullet phase no matter what. but i would have never noticed, she always looks precious to me! :-)
I've been there! I still cut Addie's hair because I'm afraid of how she'd handle a professional cut. Where did you take Abby? I'll have to find somewhere similar. I cut Eliana's hair, too, only because the one time I took her to a salon, they did an awful job. My poor kids and their obvious home-haircuts.
Yeay!! I agree with you that there's no reason she can't look cute while playing in the dirt with the boys. Good luck on your resolutions too dear!
Best,
Ayelet
Post a Comment