Sunday, January 10, 2010

Six Months!

On January 9th, Jake turned six months old. It's hard to believe that half a year has passed since my 5 week hospital ordeal came to an end and I was finally able to hold my little boy in my arms. As I reflect upon the last several months, the first thought that comes to mind is: Man, I really should've slept more in the hospital!



Just kidding.


But seriously, even though it feels like I haven't slept in years, it has been a great six months and I'm loving being mom to this little boy. He is so sweet and fits into our little family just perfectly. He is pretty laid back, at least compared to his sister, and he loves to just hang out and watch. Jake is fascinated by his daddy and must think he is the coolest guy in the world. He is a pretty strong little guy and loves to stand more than anything. His favorite game is Peek-a-boo, which will get him laughing hysterically everytime. He HATES tummy time and virtually refuses to do it. I've had to come up with some pretty creative ways to get him and keep him on his tummy. Luckily, he enjoys sitting much more and can sit unsupported for several minutes at a time before throwing himself backwards or toppling over. He is continuing to go to physical therapy for toricollis and to address some delays, but is almost done with his DOC band therapy (Praise God!)

It has been a very busy six months, but I'm glad we've gotten to share it with this special little guy.


Six months ago:




Today:












1 comment:

The Norvells said...

Awe! Happy Birthday Jake!