Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Strange Bedfellows


Toddlers are strange creatures (at least mine is). For the last several months, Abby has been insisting on bringing more and more toys to bed with her. And not the cuddly, comfortable toys you might expect one to want to sleep with. We're talking hard , not-so-comfy toys. Her bedtime collection includes a Barney stuffed animal, two Dora-the-Explorers, a My Little Pony, a stufffed fish, bird, bear, two rattles, a Boots (Dora's friend) bath toy, a miniature monster truck, and (not pictured, under the blanket) four balls, a rubber ducky, two Frosty the Snowmen toys and a big plastic spoon . Wow. She knows exactly what's there and if something is missing. If I sneak into her room after she has fallen asleep and try to clean out her bed a bit, I can expect a very upset screaming child when she wakes up and finds something missing. The scary thing is that the collection grows every few days when she will insist upon bringing one more toy to bed with her. One day I'll need to figure out a way to weed out some of her toys before she runs out of room and she'll have to sleep on the floor. Silly girl.

6 comments:

Beth said...

that's hysterical! i loved the list of what was under the blanket - too cute. i miss you!

Trisha said...

This is very funny. I thought Sam had too much with three stuffed animals and an occasional train! I can't believe she can sleep comfortably with all of those hard toys :)

malitha said...

A big plastic spoon! Haha! Kids have such funny quirks.

Erica said...

It is so funny that you mention this! Audia has recently started doing the same thing. We finally had to lay down the law, and now we only let her pick two things to take to bed with her. It was getting ridiculous!

Christina said...

This made me laugh and smile.. thank you for sharing. they are just the funniest little people. I will let you know if we get to this stage. Maybe she will be a collector of some sorts one day!!!

Mommy Love said...

that is hilarious!! i love the picture!! :-)