Today, you are two, and I can hardly believe it. We've all come a long way since that snowy January day in Pittsburgh when you joined our family. And while it was very frightening to suddenly be your mom and in charge of your little life, so far we've all been okay. I've had a lot to learn as a mother, but thankfully you've been there to teach me a lot about motherhood and life in general.

The past two years, you've taught me that sleep is nice, but not necessary. And just when I think all hope is lost and I will never sleep again, you go and become a really good little sleeper. Just full of surprises, you are.
You've taught me that there is no such thing as too many toys in your bed. Hard toys, soft toys, you don't discriminate. The more the merrier.

I've learned to be patient and let you do things in your own time. When you decide to do something, boy do you do it. You are a powerhouse!
I've learned that Frosty the Snowman is MUCH cooler than Santa Claus, and his song should be sung and danced to year-round.
You've taught me that spinning around in circles until you fall down is the best fun one can have.
I've learned that the number 12 must be SHOUTED after you've worked so hard to count to it just perfectly.
I've learned just how brave and flexible you are, especially when Mommy has to be away for five weeks just to have a baby.
I've learned that the letter "d" is better when turned upside-down to become a "p".
I've learned that cows say "boo" instead of "moo".
I've learned that daddies are the most fun people in the entire world.
You've taught me that new baby brothers should be kissed and loved, even though they cry and take all your mommy's attention.
I've learned that Chick-Fil-A and McDonald's can cure any grumpy mood (and that we eat there WAY too much).
You've taught me that the best smiles are the ones that are big and cheesy.
I've learned that talking backpacks and maps along with bilingual little girls and silly monkeys wearing boots make for great enterainment.
You've taught me that a clean uncluttered house is not the most important thing in the world and is unrealistic when you have a toddler, so why not give up the cleaning and just join in the fun?!
You've taught me that all it takes is one special friend to make a great time.
You've taught me to embrace every little phase of growing up because they disappear overnight, only to be replaced by another phase. You change SO quickly.
Most of all, you've taught me how to love more deeply than I ever thought possible. I love you more than you can ever know and I'm so thankful for the lessons you teach me to make me a better person and a better mommy.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ABBY!
I thank God for the wonderful little girl you are and the wonderful young lady you will become.
Love,
Mom








4 comments:
I just love this! Can you put this in a letter form? Or send it to me in my e-mail or both?
Love you, Mommy
So sweet! Happy Birthday Abby!!!
Janice I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face. This is so beautiful. I can relate and just love that I have even more things to look forward to. I hope you print this and put it in a baby book or birthday book for her. You are such a wonderful mother. Wish you were here to hang out with. Love you much.
aww, sniff.sniff. that made me cry. abby certainly is a beautiful girl inside and out and you (along w/ all of us other mommies) certainly do learn all about motherhood as we go along. you are doing great and we are so happy to have you in our lives! happy birthday abby!! :-)
Post a Comment