Sunday, October 26, 2008

Me and My Buddy...


Though Chestnut really annoys the heck out me some days, I have to admit that he's a really good dog. I was a little concerned about how he would do when Abby joined our family, but he really seems to do well with his little sister.

Chestnut is very gentle around her. He has finally learned not to touch her toys even when she chucks them at him. He has learned not to lick her, and he has even learned that when she offers him her Cheerios that he's not allowed to take any. Smart dog:-)

And recently, he seems more and more concerned about her. Every once in awhile (like every single day!!!) she has a bit of trouble taking her nap and screams for a bit before she falls asleep. Chestnut gets so upset that he will come to me and whine, then go to her door and whine as if to say "Don't you hear her? She's crying! Do something!"

I think Chestnut has finally figured out that Abby is here to stay and he is actually feeling some loyalty towards her. I am so excited for the time when the two of them can play together and entertain each other (maybe then mom will get a break).

Here are some pictures of our two babies...
Gosh, he looks HUGE compared to her!


Just chatting away


Chestnut bracing himself for Abby's "pet" - she hasn't learned to be gentle yet.


I know Chestnut doesn't look too thrilled in these pics... I think it's because we made him sit on a pink blamket. He was hoping for a more "manly" blanket


2 comments:

Trisha said...

So cute...and Chestnut IS a huge dog! I love your commentary on each picture :) miss you guys so much.

Mommy Love said...

awww, Chesnut is soooo sweet! He and Remington will surely have a lot to talk about when they get together for their first playdate... little girls! ;-)