On the weekends, Matt and I usually take turns getting up with our early riser of a daughter so that the other can get a little more sleep. It is the one day a week that we both look forward to. Well, yesterday was Matt's turn to get up early, and wouldn't you know it, but Abby actually SLEPT IN! It was really nice for both of us, but I was secretly a little miffed that she did it on Matt's day and not mine. And of course, it is Sunday -my day to get up with her- and what time does she decide to get up? An early 5:45am. Ah, yes. And that was after she decided that she wanted the pleasure of my company three times last night in the middle of the night (I'm always the one who gets up with her at night). Ugh. How did I know this was going to happen?
Sorry. I'm just tired, grouchy, and feeling sorry for myself. A nice nap sounds like a great idea today;-)

My early riser, happily playing before dawn
3 comments:
Hi Janice,
I can relate now with you and lack of sleep. It is so hard. I am still really sore from having Ellia and then my nipples from breast feeding are killing me. Did that happen to you? Thanks for the compliment on the way I look. That was the day we left the hospital. I don't think it lasted long since sleep is minimal now. I can't wait till I heal! Anyway.. talk to you soon. I will try to send more pictures.
Oh yes, those Daddy's are lucky, aren't they?! I get a little bent out of shape over lost weekend sleep too. Don't feel bad, it must be universal. I hope your little sunshine sleeps late for YOU all week AND next Saturday too! ;-)
Abby's mommy was our "alarm clock" during weekends. I could still hear her saying " I'm awake" around 5:00 in the morning!!!!
Her Daddy would always say " go back to sleep"!!!!
Those were the days... Like mother like daughter?
We still love you.....
Post a Comment