Saturday, November 8, 2008

Lost Doggie

Well, Chestnut has disappeared, which isn't all that unusual for him. Given the chance, he loves to trot off on his own to do some exploring. He usually comes back within a half-hour or so, usually muddy and wet, but just fine and ready to be pet again. This time, he has yet to reappear.

It happened when Matt was mowing the lawn today. Usually, Chestnut likes to accompany him outside and drop his ball right in the path of the mower. Matt will then pick it up and throw it and then Chestnut will fetch and then drop in the path of the mower and so on and so on. It becomes this fun game for the two of them. This time, somehow Chestnut must have pushed the gate open and gotten out over the course of the game. Apparently, he must have finally gotten bored.

Matt is convinced that Chestnut is on his way to Washington, since he heard that the Obamas are looking for a first pet and we're pretty sure Chestnut is a Democrat. I just hope he's okay and that we can find him before he makes it very far.




3 comments:

Trisha said...

Oh no! Hope he finds his way back soon. I heard the Obama's were considering a mutt from a shelter, so I don't think Chestnut would make the cut! (I got a good laugh out of that though...Chestnut being a Democrat. You are too witty!)

Mommy Love said...

OMGosh! I will totally be keeping my eye out for him. Maybe he will come to our house hoping for that playdate w/ Remi we've been promising him. I'm so sorry he has ventured off! When he comes back, I'm giving that boy an extra big hug and a key to our house. ;-) Keep me posted...

Mom and Dad said...

So Chestnut is a Democrat huh! He better steer clear of us Republicans, we are still sore about the outcome of the election.
We will hope he comes back for Abby. See you in couple weeks. We love you all.