Sunday, November 9, 2008

Chestnut's Day on the Lam

So we found Chestnut last night. Or rather, the cops found Chestnut last night. Seriously.

After several hours of searching to no avail, I finally convinced Matt to call animal control even though Chestnut is not yet licensed here in Grapevine (oops - but in our defense, we licensed him in all the three other cities we've lived in) and if he was picked up, we'd probably be hit with some hefty fines. Unfortunately, animal control was closed so an alternate phone number was given for us to call in an emergency. Was this an emergency? We decided that it was. So we called the number and it turned out to be Grapevine police.

The officer on the phone was very nice and told us she would check to see if Chestnut had been picked up. He hadn't, but she informed us that there was an officer on the way to investigate a report of a large brown dog seen roaming the area. Was it our stupid, large, brown dog? Fortunately, yes.
Apparently, Chestnut had found himself a pond, some kids, and a ball and had been frolicking for hours on his own. He was in a neighboring subdivision when someone called to report him. It was perfect timing for us, because the officer was able to wait for us to come pick him up and he never got brought to the pound (which would have resulted in fines for us). Matt pulled up to the house where he was waiting to find an officer, concerned citizen, and wet, stinky, muddy dog standing there. When they returned home, I wasn't too pleased with Chestut since I had just given him a bath that morning, but I was relieved that he was safe.

On a separate note, today is Sunday, and Daddy and Daughter are spending some quality time watching football together:

2 comments:

Mommy Love said...

Yay! I'm so happy Chesnut had a safe return home after his doggy day out. Nothing like a dirty dog right after a bath... ohhh Chesnut, you crazy dog! ;-)

Christina said...

I am so happy that Chesnut came home! Thanks for all you love and prayers for tomorrow! We will keep you posted