Thursday, April 21, 2011

First Dentist Visit

I recently took Abby for her first dentist appointment ever.  As usual, I wasn't quite sure how my unpredictable little girl was going to take having someone poking around in her mouth, so I prepared for the worst.  Luckily, she not only surprised me by being competely cooperative, but she absolutely LOVED it and didn't want to leave! I guess it doesn't hurt that this dentist has a totally cool office...


When we got to the exam room for the check-up, they let Abby pick a movie (she picked Sesame Street) and let her sit on my lap while they cleaned, polished, and counted her teeth. She was extremely cooperative and opened her mouth really wide. The Dentist checked over her teeth and said we've done a great job brushing those pearly whites.  I have to say I was really proud of my brave, big girl:)


At the end of the appointment, she got to pick a sticker and prize for being such a good girl,  She picked a yellow slinky/mouse toy that she absolutely adored.  Gosh, she was so excited to get that thing....



In the end, it was a very succesful first trip to the dentist.  Since then, she asks all the time when we get to go back.  Six months, I'm sure, is an eternity to a three-year-old. In the meantime, she continues to take care of that sweet little smile until it's time for another visit.




No comments: