Monday, June 1, 2009

31 weeks and counting...

Today I had my 31 week dr. appointment, and besides the fact that I couldn't quite hear everything the dr. said about my developing baby due to Abby screaming her head off the entire time (apparently she is quite terrified of anyone in scrubs these days - too many pediatrician visits lately), everything seems to be going well.


The baby's hearbeat was again quite fast - 150 bpm and the placenta and amniotic fluid all looked good. He also measured the baby's femur and discovered that it is measuring quite long. This may be a pretty big baby. I was told that they will watch carefully how big this baby is getting, and that they would definitely not let me go past my due date. That was nice to hear. Being overdue in August in Texas does not sound all that appealing.


I will now start seeing the dr. every two weeks until the last month, where I will then go weekly. I can't believe that we're already to this point again. It doesn't seem all that long ago that I was going to my weekly appointments with Abby in my belly. I think it is finally hitting me that we are going to have TWO kids in a matter of a couple months. It has definitely got me in my nesting mode. I'm feeling a sense of urgency now to get things done, and I get REALLY grouchy when I'm interrupted. Poor Matt has been bearing the brunt of that grouchiness unfortunately.



We were able, however, to get quite a bit done on Abby's new room this weekend. It is so cute and girly:-) She loves going upstairs to play and hang out there...


We also finally cleared out the loft to create a big play area for her to wear herself out in...

We're really working hard to do whatever we can to prepare Abby for the arrival of her brother or sister. We really have no way of knowing just how she'll react, but I'm hoping she continues to be as gentle and as loving to the baby as she is to my baby belly...

2 comments:

Beth said...

where did you get that white bookshelf cube thing? i love it!

Mommy Love said...

OMGoodness! Just in the knick (sp?) of time!! Abby's new room is ADORABLE!! IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!! I love her little chair and she looks so big already pushing that baby stroller. Like she just grew into a big girl along w/ her new big girl room and playroom! Way to go Mama!!! You are going to have a lot of perfect play space for that girl as you get settled back in w/ the new baby. ;-))