Even though our second child will not be born for several more months, there is quite a bit of interaction happening between him/her and his/her older sister, Abby. It's actually quite cute...
Because Abby is only 14 months old now, and will only be a year and a half when her sibling is born, there isn't much that she understands about what's going on. Still, I've been trying to involver her in this pregnancy as much as possible, always talking about her baby brother or sister and telling her there's a baby in my belly. I even ask her to hug and kiss the baby in my belly, which she is usually quite willing to do, especially since she gets a big "Awwww....that's SO NICE!" from me when she does it. Today, however, she surprised me by beginning to say "baby" and "de baby" over and over again. She will even lift up my shirt if I mention "baby" and give my belly a big kiss. I'm sure she has no idea why she's kissing my belly, but it is the cutest thing anyway.
Of course, she does get tired of kissing the baby in my belly too...and sometimes when I ask her to kiss or hug the baby, she just gets an annoyed look on her face and yanks my shirt back down over my belly. And this works both ways...the baby has been known to "kick" Abby when she lays across my belly when we're cuddling. Perhaps the baby doesn't like the invasion of his.her personal space. I guess this is just the beginning of how it will be when this little one is born...hugs and kisses one minute, and kicks and jabs the next.
Ahh...life will be wonderful....
1 comment:
the baby is just reaching out for a hug and Abby is pulling your shirt down to keep you (and Baby) warm.... ;-))) it will be all good Mama, don't worry!!
Post a Comment