Where has my sweet little baby girl gone? I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but Abby has lost all trace of babyness and is completely, 100% a little girl. And not only is she a little girl, but she has proven herself to be quite a little
Diva these days.
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely thrilled that she is so secure in my love for her that she doesn't feel the need to be cooperative or pleasant ....but her diva behaviors can present quite a challenge for her often-frazzled mommy. For one thing, she has a need to do things her way and gets very upset if I try to do things for her. This is why we are NEVER on time to anywhere anymore. She always wants to dictate how her hair will be, which bow or clip will adorn her head, which shoes she will wear and the accesories she will be bringing with her. Apparently, rubber duckies are en vogue these days. She will cooperate with mommy or go along with a suggestion only if she believes it was her idea.
She's got some serious attitude:-)
Any glamour girl knows that a tutu and sunglasses must be worn at all times
Daddies make great bodyguards
This must be the terrible, I mean, Terrific Two's that everyone talks about. And just when I think that I've had enough of her diva-like ways, she goes and becomes the sweet little Abby again that we all know and love. The loving girl that is so protective of her little brother and showers him with hugs and kisses. The gentle girl that loves to hug and pet her doggie. The nice girl that willingly shares her favorite toys with her friends. The caring girl that says prayers for the people that she loves. And the mama's girl that sweetly says "I wuuuuuvvvv you, mama" before going to bed.
Diva? Maybe so. But I love my silly little Diva more than she will ever know.
3 comments:
What a precious post! You made me cry at the end. I love this so much! She is too cute and the personality she gives is priceless. What a wonderful mother you are to her. Keep it up mom and just don’t let the diva stage get too out of hand when she is a teenager!
well, she is definitely the kind of diva every mom hopes to have! she is the best at sharing toys for sure... even brand new, hot off the press toys and all the other stuff is just practice for being a big sister! haha. you are doing great and we all know we wouldn't change a thing about that sweet diva girl! she looks super cute in those glasses too. :-)
Ha ha!! That's so sweet and funny! God bless little girls huh?
LOL!!! and yes, a tutu and sunglasses is a MUST. ; )
Post a Comment