Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Abby's One-Year Pictures

Well, we FINALLY did it! I finally faced my fear of getting professional pictures taken (yes, it was a fear of mine - I have a lot of abnormal, irrational fears - ask Tiffany about my irrational fear of bathroom floors) and had Abby's one year pictures taken.... at 14 months. Oh well. Better late than never.

Of course, the whole thing was a big ordeal from start to finish, but in the end, the resulting pictures were well worth it. They are so cute I actually cried (well, I am hormonal and pregnant... what do you expect?)!

The afternoon began with me putting Abby in the cute little outfit I had bought her for the first time. Don't ask me why I didn't try it on sooner than one hour before the appointent, but I absolutely HATED it! I then frantically began digging through her closet in hopes of finding something that would do. Nope. Nothing. Thank God the picture place was at the mall. I still had a chance of salvaging this appointment. I quickly put Abby in the car and hoped I could find a cute outfit before our appointment. When we got to the mall, it was packed. I had forgotten it was spring break and everyone and their mother was at the mall. I swear that I had every slow person who ever lived walking in front of me and blocking my way as I tried to find a children's clothing store. Finally, I found one and grabbed an outfit that might work. Of course, Abby didn't appreciate being stripped down to her diaper in the middle of the mall while I changed her (for the fifth time that day). She was already in a foul mood when we arrived (on time!) for our appointment.

Well, you can imagine what happened next... as soon as I set Abby down, she began screaming. And she screamed and screamed and screamed. Nothing the poor lady was doing could get her to stop. Nothing I was doing could get her to stop. She wouldn't stand, she wouldn't sit, she seemed to lose all skeletal control. I suddenly had a headache. Then, the lady brought out some pretty presents to use as props. Then she stuck some wooden blocks inside. Abby's grouchiness was overcome by her curiousity and she stopped crying for a split second (CLICK!). Then, in between whines, there was a split-second smile (CLICK!). Then we were able to coax her to a standing position with the blocks and got her to crack a smile by making funny noises (CLICK!). Singing the Five Little Monkeys song got a few more smiles, and before I knew it, the lady told me we were done. Done? Really? I thought there was NO WAY she had actually managed to get anything, but I tell you, she is a miracle worker. These pictures were awesome! I was so excited! Suddenly my headache went away and my perfect little daughter was back in her stroller, enjoying a snack quietly, allowing her mommy to look at and choose pictures.

I was completely EXHAUSTED by the time we got home, but I won't be going to bed for awhile. I'm going to keep gazing at the pictures of my BEAUTIFUL daughter a bit longer. Isn't she just the cutest thing you've ever seen?!?!















8 comments:

Erica said...

Janice, she is SO FRICKING PRECIOUS!!! She has always been (and will always be!) such a C-U-T-E baby!!

Next time we are in the same city, we will schedule some time and I will do a photo shoot for you. They probably won't turn out as cute as these did (I don't claim to be a professional) but maybe they will be a little less stressful for you ;-)

Mommy Love said...

Oh, Janice I don't believe it for one second that Miss Abby was being a grouchy pants! Those pictures are ADORABLE! I love the outfit and all the smiles. You're a miracle worker too!! That last picture melts my heart! Thanks for sharing. Now go get some rest, that made me tired just reading about your exhausting day. So get some sleep, you never know it just may be another
"miracle working" day tomorrow. wink.

Mommy Love said...

oh, and yes, toys that fall on your OWN floor in your OWN house are NOT considered DIRTY! No matter what room. it's a rule. hee-hee... you're a hoot!

Trisha said...

Adorable...they turned out great, especially if she was crying :) I have yet to do Sam's either...I keep dragging my feet. Good to know that it isn't too late to do them!

xo

Beth said...

They turned out awesome! Did you choose all of those or just a couple? I'm so happy that it worked out for you (outfit mishaps and all!)

Christina said...

You did great Mommy! I know how hard it can be to get professional pictures taken. We had Ellia's done at 3 months and the same fears appeared as she was a grouch through the whole thing.. However the pictures are just perfect. Well worth the effort. Can't believe how big she is!!!!

malitha said...

I don't blame you for a minute for putting off the pictures. I DREAD getting the girls' done. We did Eliana's at 5 months, and Addie at 6 months, and you can see their red, tear-streaked faces even after they stopped crying and started smiling. Abby looks adorable, and I bet those pics will motivate you to go get more of her done. What a little cover girl!

The Norvells said...

Awe...so cute! She'll be a pro next time!