So I have to do a bit of bragging...
I have an awesome hubby and daddy to my bab(ies).
The last few days I haven't been feeling well at all, have little appetite, and virtually no energy. With a rather high-maintenance ten-month-old who just began crawling and wakes up at the crack of dawn, it makes for a rather miserable day. Unlike my last pregnancy, I can't just sleep when I want to or rest anytime. Ugh. But this weekend, Matt really stepped up to the plate and became Mr. Mom.
Both mornings, Matt got up with Abby, who got up extra early. He played with her, fed her and bathed her so I could get a few extra hours. He also took her out shopping and even with him on his run, just so I could get extra rest in the afternoon. He cleaned, organized and decorated for Christmas for me. He even risked his life (quite literally) on a tall ladder to hang artwork in our living room with tall vaulted ceilings and adjusted and readjusted for me until it was "just right". He put up with me changing my mind several times each mealtime on what I could and couldn't stomach, and he made sure I was eating on a regular basis.
At church today, we were talking about having an attitude of joyfulness and thankfulness no matter what. Well, I know something I am very thankful for. I have an incredibly wonderful, considerate husband who works unbelievably hard during the week to provide for his family and still comes home and helps me. I also have a wonderfully healthy, happy daughter who makes me happier than I could have ever imagined.
God is good, all the time!
5 comments:
What a great dad and husband. and ya know what...I bet he enjoyed every minute of it and did it with a willing and loving heart. glad you got some much needed rest!
What a nice husband! I'm so excited for you that you're expecting! When are you due? When will you be in Vegas again?
Yay! Give Matt a big hug for me and thank him for being so great to my Janny!
No picture for Matt, the good guy? We sure are very happy that God blessed you with him and of course with Abby and the next one. I will always love my baby Jan. I miss you all so much. It has been so difficult to not see you every single day and of course help you with Abby.
Yea, I think he is a keeper! I'm so glad you got some rest. I'll fill in for Mr. Mom when he's at work and give you rest whenever you need it. I'm just a few feet and a call away! Now, go kick your feet up Mama! ;-)
Post a Comment