Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dear Abby...

My sweet girl, how is it possible that you are now four years old? It doesn't seem real.  It has gone too fast.  How was it FOUR years ago that you first blessed our family and made us parents? I'm finding it hard to come to terms with just how much you've grown, and yet my heart is so thankful as I think about the little girl you've become, and the woman I can see you becoming in the future.

At age four, sweet Abby, you:

  • Are the SILIEST girl I know.  You love to make faces and sing silly songs.  You try to catch us off guard by saying off-the-wall things (which gets you in trouble sometimes).  But I love to see the sense of humor developing in you.  I can't help but smile anytime I'm around you.
  • Have a steel-trap mind.  I have to be careful of my promises to you, because I can be assured you will hold me to them.  I can't believe some of the things you remember, and I hope this great memory continues throughout your school career.

  • Are such a cuddler.  You love to snuggle under a blanket early in the morning, and you seem to know exactly when mommy really could use a hug.  I hope you are always this cuddly.
  • LOVE to talk.  I don't think silence is a possibility for you.  And you have so much to say, I can see that intelligence God blessed you with just seeping out of you.  While I sometimes miss the silence, i am very much enjoying the conversations I get to have with you now.  I can see us spending hours on the phone one day when you go off to college,  talking about anything and everything.  At least I hope you will take time out of your full life to talk to me:)

  • Are a girly-girl, through and through. You LOVE getting your hair and nails done. I see a lot of mommy-daughter pampering dates in our future.

  • Are such a great helper.  You've become so capable of big-girl things, my life just continues to become easier as you do more and more,  Now if I can just get you to start cleaning toilets... 

  • Love your friends, and always want to be around them.  Already, your social life is very important to you. Good thing you have a lot of wonderful friends close by.


  • Love your family and love Jesus.  I am so excited to see the sweet changes in your heart and how God is touching your life. I pray that God continues to shape you into the person you were created to be, and I can't wait to see you living out His purposes and your  potential.
Happy fourth birthday, sweet Abby Elizabeth.  I am so proud of you, my daughter, and I love you more than you can ever know.

Love,
Mommy



That was then:

January 2008


This is now:

January 2012



No comments: