Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Preschool!

Well, it's official!  My little girl is in preschool!  And Mommy is feeling a bit old...But enough about me.  About this sweet little school girl...

Abby popped up in the morning, very excited when she remembered she was going to be going to school. She had been asking about going back ever since we had visited for the first time in the spring.   Well, the time had finally come for her to become a real, honest-to-goodness preschool student.  We had laid out clothes the night before,  packed her backpack, talked about what would be happening when she went to school, so we were READY!


I could barely keep her in her chair during breakfast.  She was so excited to put on her new dress and new shoes. When we finally got her dressed, of course it was PICTURE TIME!



Daddy made sure to go into work late on this special day...a guy's gotta make sure to see his precious daughter off on her first day of school, right?



We arrived at school and Abby immediately spotted her teacher, whom she had met several times before.  She LOVES her teacher, Miss Michelle.


She was eager to show Daddy her classroom, all the fun toys, the class frogs, and the class mascot, Mr. Turtle:



Jake, too, LOVED Abby's new classroom and didn't want to leave...



We left the sweet girl playing happily with some new friends.  No crying, no clinging.  Just a simple "buh-bye" and that was it.  Is it bad that I wanted just a couple tears from her?  The only tears shed were by me.  It made me a little sad that she didn't need mommy as much anymore, but it also made me incredibly proud of my independent little lady. 

When we finally went to pick her up, she was so happy.  The first thing she said when she got in the car was, "Go to school again?"  I guess she liked it.  She got a smiley face today, indicating that she had a great day.  In the comments, Miss Michelle wrote that she was a super helper during clean-up time.  That makes this clean-freak mommy so proud:-)


Congratulations on your first day of preschool, Abby! I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of you!  I love you!

4 comments:

Mommy Love said...

I'm so proud of Abby tooooo!! She's such a good girl and i would be one happy teacher if she were in my classroom!! Congrats to mom too, it's not easy watching these girls get big on us!!

Devoted Mommy said...

Yaaay Abby!!!! I am so proud of her and for Mommy too. Such exciting stuff!!!!! And she looked absolutely adorable in her new dress. ; )

Mom and Dad said...

Maybe she can draw pictures to send to Lolo and Lola. We love Abby.

Christina said...

Just adorable! I shed a tear for you too Jan!!! love it.. keep us updated on how the year goes.