Well, I really wasn't going to start potty training for a LONG time yet - just dealing with the adjustment of having a toddler and a newborn was going to be enough for me for awhile. But then of course, Abby had different plans....
She had been increasingly interested in mommy going potty lately and had begun telling me every time she "booped" (not that we'd need her to tell us - you could smell her from a mile away when that happens). Since she is really wanting to be independent and a big girl lately, I decided to just set out the potty and see what she'd do with it. Well, turns out she just LOVES her new little throne and wants to sit on it all the time! The first time she sat on it, within a few minutes she started excitedly yelling, "Mama, mama!" and when I came to check on her, she had peed in the potty (and was VERY proud of her acheivement). Of course, for her efforts, I had to do the "potty dance", which may or may not have been the motivation for her to pee in the potty again. Twice in one day:-)
So, I'm just going to let her take the lead on this. I'm not going to push it, but of course I have started envisioning life with only one child in diapers...that would be wonderful:-)

P.S. Sorry, Abby, for posting this embarassing picture of you... but it was so darn cute, I just had to...
6 comments:
Hooray! Way to go, Abby! Isn't it so funny how they take the lead on things you assume you'll have to teach them to do, and you end up having to teach them to do things you figured they'd do themselves? Walking contradictions, children are. They gotta keep us on our toes :-)
Ahh, life with only one in diapers. I'll never know the joys of such a life : )
Go Abby!!
woo hoo! Way to go Abby! Avery is also obsessed with her potty, but has yet to actually use it!
That's awesome! Addie did the same thing around that age. You'll have to save this picture of her for when she brings home her first boyfriend. ;)
haaaaa, yes she's gonna get ya for that one someday! haha. She is adorable, i will have to give you that! Way to go Abby!!! Hip-Hip-Hoooooray!!!!!!!!!
omg, that's hilarious! Good for her, the little go-getter! You're going to have to save this photo to bring out when her prom date comes to pick her up. :-)
Give Abbie and Jacob a big hug and kiss from us! Hope to see you guys on Skype maybe!
Post a Comment