Saturday, July 25, 2009

Adjusting to life with two...


So far, life with two kids has not been the crazy chaos that I imagined it would be. Don't get me wrong, it is crazy at times, but it is nothing like the adjustment that came with the birth of our first little one, Abby.

For one thing, Jake hardly ever fusses which is very different from the incessant crying that became the norm in our house for the first three months of Abby's life. Another thing is that Abby is such a great big sister and has matured so much in the last few weeks. While she has her defiant toddler moments, she really has impressed me with how flexible she has become. She loves her little brother and sings a little song about our new little family - it goes something like this... Ma ma, Da da, Baybeeee da... so cute:-)

Lastly, I think this has been much easier than I thought because I have 100% more confidence in my own mothering abilities than I did when we first brought Abby home. I had absolutely NO IDEA what I was doing and was terrified of doing something wrong. Breastfeeding was so difficult, I was so scared to leave the house with her, and I just cried pretty much for three months straight (Abby and I made quite a pair those first months). While I'm still kind of waiting for the bottom to fall out and for things to get awful again, I'm thankful that things are going smoothly thus far. I've made up my mind to leave the house at least once a day with the kiddos, and I even got a new Peg Perego double stroller to make outings easier (who'd have thought two years ago that I'd get so excited about a new stroller!) I am definitely enjoying my new little family and so thankful for them all:-)

Here's a pic of the little one:

Jacob, doing what he does best (at least in the daytime)

2 comments:

Mommy Love said...

that is the sweetest pictures ever!!! I can't imagine that sweet face ever being a bit of trouble! you are certainly blessed with beautiful babies and they both will be as sweet as you I know... ;-)))

Christina said...

BEAUTIFUL!! so happy that things are going well. I am going to take notes for when we decide to add more to our family. My sister said that when number 2 came along she enjoyed it so much more. Sounds like you are too. Love ya!!!